Wednesday, July 12, 2006
New Blog Address!
New Silverfyre Musings!
Please update your links accordingly.
Moving from Blogger!
Til then, take care!
Thursday, July 06, 2006
The Rage, Oh The Rage!
We searched for a cheap car to buy but it was actually better just to drop the money on the car. So, we went from debtfree to debtfull.
Life sucks sometimes.
I'm up to my ass in paper work, with scholarship letters to write and work needing to be done. Races hasn't even been opened in two weeks and I want to get back to working on Spellburn. Where is the time?!
Friday, June 30, 2006
I just got a letter from the MCC Foundation letting me know that I am being awarded a scholarship! The amount will cover everything for the next year, including books and the like. This is wonderful news as I was beginning to worry how I was going to pay for college next year...
Much thanks go out to my benefactor, Ms. Debra Jacobs. She is a saint in my eyes and my new favorite person.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Heroes On NBC
Just...wow. Check out the four minute trailer and tell me that this is not something worth waiting to see. It's a show called "Heroes" and it follows the tale of a group of people who discover that they have extradionary talents after witnessing some sort of eclipse. The details are a bit vague but damn, this looks incredible.
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Purple, Drunken Haze
Bah, never listen to a pirate who offers you something in a mason's jar that glows (yes, glows!) with a soft, purple light...
It only starts to glow after you drink it, too.
I think a more appropriate term for the drink is "moonshine". Yup, just as good for drinkin' as it is for cleaning out your septic tank and removing rust stains from your driveway.
No bowel jokes there, folks.
Needless to say, last night's "Pretend We Are Gaming and Just Get Drunk" fest was a success. I have seen "Boondock Saints" and life is now complete. This movie is just as good as "Fight Club" if you're Irish. Hell, if you just love "righteous" vigilantes, this movie is worth watching and commiting to memory.
Yeah, and the "King Arthur" movie, even the uncut version, does suck. It's entertaining but why call it King Arthur when it has nothing to do with the mythos, save for the names?
Bah, anywho, breakfast was awesome and it's good to be around those LARPers again. I missed you guys.
Until next time, eh?
Thursday, June 22, 2006
He has this little mouse toy that is fuzzy and full of catnip. He will bring it to me and throw it at my feet and then start to meow. He's letting me know it's play time. At first, I'd throw it once or twice and he'd be content to roll it around and bat it around the house for the next hour. Well, the last two days have been interesting.
I decided to teach him how to fetch...and it actually worked. I have a good friend, Mark, who taught all his cats to fetch paper balls and I used his method with Julian and the cat toy. First, he'd bring it to me and I'd throw it. He'd grab it in his mouth and wait for me to call him back. I'd call his name and make "mouse noises". He comes running back with the toy in his mouth and drops it. Throw, call, repeat.
This has been going on whenever I come into the room where he is at. Every time. He loves this little game and has gotten quite good at it.
I can't believe I taught my cat to fetch. It's awesome. Definitely an icebreaker for social gatherings!
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
A VERY Interesting Meme Thingy
List 10 things you want to say to people but know you never will.
* Don't say who they are.
* Disable comments.
* Never discuss it again.
Hmmm, lemme see what I can do. I can't disable comments but honestly, people can say what they wish since what I will say has nothing to do with any of those who read this blog. Or does it? THE ENIGMA OF IT ALL! ~Gasp of Shock!~
Heh, anywho...this could be fun...
1. If you don't want to suffer for what you have done, then stop doing it! Get off your ass and start working for what you want. No one is going to just hand life and success to you. Get off your lazy ass and start making your own way in life, damn it.
2. You may think you have everything you wanted in life but look again. It's a hollow, empty shell and it's only a matter of time until you realize just how much you lost when you gave her up.
3. You have to solve your own problems. We've given you so many chances and you keep screwing up. How is the world going to change for you who doesn't want to change with it? Keep out of my life and let us move on. Gods know I'm done with you and your petty bullshit.
4. You may not think so but I respect you so much. We are friends, yes, but I look up to you. I guess I'm just too prideful to really say anything. Frightening, isn't it?
5. Don't preach to me about values you don't even practice or believe you in, you bloody hypocrite! Crawl back into the sheltered life you have lived since day one and stay the hell out of my life. You don't even know where to begin with yourself so stop trying to convert others!
6. Why do you always have to change something that works so perfectly well? I mean, come on, with all of the effort you have put into it, just leave the damned thing alone! Everyone will work out in the end, just give it time!
7. You may seem to be everyone's best friend, but I can see right through you. You love what the world has just given to you and you use this bullshit cover of friendship to press your boasting on everyone around you. For the love of all that is sacred, shut the hell up and let us live our lives.
8. Why is it that the ones who deserve love the most don't find it? You are such a loving, caring soul and you will find that in which you are seeking. But, don't wait for it to come to you...seek it out and claim it for your own. Gods know I've learned that lesson well.
9. Don't give up on life because it throws you a hardball every once and while. You will get through it and it's all petty in the end anyways. Keep your chin up and fight it. What's the old cliche? Never surrender, never give up? Maybe it's a cliche because it actually has meaning.
10. I love you as my brother more so than my actual one. Is that terrible or what?
Well, that was...insightful. Now, what's on T.V.?
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
The Adventure Begins...Literally!
Again, awesome work by Goodman and I definitely recommend it. This lil' baby will be getting a lot of use...
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Getting Back In Order
I think I'll spend the day watching "Gone with the Wind" with the wife. Sounds like a nice, normal plan to me.
Hope everyone else's lives are keeping them happy. Thanks again for everyone's support in our little dark times, as one may call them.
Friday, June 16, 2006
Insert Scream Of Frustration And Rage Here
Things are just getting progressively worse for my parents and my brother. He got sentenced yesterday and has to do more jail time than we thought and has to stay in Texas. The only good thing coming out of that is he is going to get the drug treatment he needs. But, still, that another decade before I can even see him again.
On the other hand, you do the crime...well, you know the rest. I just hate that it is happening to someone who I know could have done so much better...
My mother was in the midst of adopting a child from my rather f'ed up cousin (another drug case who shouldn't be allowed to have children, let alone leech off of the Canadian government) and she was promised this child since my cousin knew she was pregnant. My mother can't have children due to cancer and she wants another child so desperately. Well, my stepfather and her have been waiting and waiting for this day and when the child is born, my cousin turned the child over to the authorities instead of my mother. My parents are devastated. I mean beyond all reproach. They were going to have a child, the one they have been waiting almost a year for, and now this. How coldhearted can one person be? See, if she hadn't have made all these promises, then fine. But otherwise? I'm done with that one. Period.
My mother also lost her job and got into a car accident...all in the same day. It all just comes crashing down, doesn't it?
We all had a terrible day as well, though it certainly pales in comparison to my poor mother's. We had to give up Lucian, since our landlord decided to change her mind and only allows us one kitten. We found a really good home for him but still, losing him has pretty much made us some very upset people. Chrissy got her offical rejection letter from the school and it's just been one crappy week.
We need a vacation or something. I think I'll just go out and borrow Mister "Rebar" from James. Sounds good about now...
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
This is no exception. I'm going to miss her something fierce.
How in the hell do I use this? And should I even bother as I've heard some horror stories involving the overclocking process.
The computer has some good fan control (one large processor fan, a case cooling fan, and the card has this extra large cooler on it as well) so I think it can handle a little boost. But, anyone have any idea just how to do this safely? I'm relying on you all before the tech forums as they can't even use proper English...
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Orpheus melds the physical world with the world of the dead and the players play either ghosts or humans capable of "projecting" or venturing into the ghostly side of existence. It provides the rock solid d10 "Storytelling" system White Wolf used for the Vampire the Masquerade and Werewolf and it works very well.
If you are into ghost stories or are familiar with Wraith, I'd definitely recommend picking up this series. It was a limited story arc that was only six books long but all of them are packed full of everything you need to run one campaign or indefinite play.
We are looking forward to starting our first Orpheus game this week. Definitely worth looking over if you just want a change from DnD or if you love the paranormal.
Tropical Storms Already?!
Oh well, back to "hunkering down".